Monday, February 20, 2012

Make Small Goals

Experts say the best way to achieve long term goals is to create simple achievable goals. Researchers say it takes 21-28 days to create a habit, some say by 66 days it will be hardwired into your system. How many of us can say that without a doubt you'd be able to go 100% without sugar, carbs, or exercise for over an hour every day for 20+ days? I know I can't say that. I know because I've been there and I have failed. I had to start out small. Once I obtained a small goal, I added more and before I knew it I was on my way to a healthier me!

Make a list of the long term goals you want to obtain. Then make a sub list of mini goals that will put you on the path of reaching those long term goals. For instance:
1.) You want to lose 50lbs. Make it a mini goal to lose 1-2 lbs a week.
2.) You want to work out for 45-60 minutes a day. Start out with 20-25 minutes. Or break it up into 2 sessions; do 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes at night. Researchers say it's as beneifical to workout in 2 sessions as it is 1.

When it comes to making a Healthier You, you don't want to concentrate on just your physical being. Make goals for your mental and emotional well-being as well. Try to meditate for 5 minutes a day. Read a chapter in a religious or philosophical book to reconnect to your beliefs/ideals. Schedule a lunch/dinner with a close friend.

Start small for long term health


START TODAY FOR A HEALTHIER TOMORROW!

1 comment:

  1. This is great, im going to start today. I got a little down after they diagnosed me with Lupus last week but that only lasted a couple days then I started trying to figure out what I could do without causing a flare up. I'm going to do this.

    ReplyDelete