Monday, May 23, 2011

Thanks to P90X for finishing my Half Marathon

Sorry I am a little late on this posting, but I have had a lot on my plate with training and work. In the past 2 weeks, alot has happened. I finished P90X, which feels great. I didn't finish it the way I wanted because I delayed a few of the workouts because of the half marathon. But I was still working out, I was running instead of doing P90X.

I finished my 2nd half marathon last sunday! I was so happy when I crossed that finish line. It's one of the greatest feelings you can have. You've pushed your body to do something its not used to doing or never wanted to do. Im not built for long runs but I pushed myself and I did it. Even though this was my second half marathon (which is 13.1 miles), I thought I wouldn't get emotional but I did. My eyes teared up and I couldn't help but smile. I just finished 13.1 miles and I was smiling! You must think I'm crazy but it feels so great.

What I'm most impressed with is I didn't train for the marathon this year. Last year, for my first marathon, I ran every day to prepare. I finished in 2 hours and 28 minutes. I had to pause to take my inhaler because of my asthma. My knee was hurt and my hip was out of place. But this year I signed up to walk it and didn't run for training. Instead I did P90X. What a difference! I walked fast for the first 2-3 miles and then decided I wanted to run. So I ran the rest of it. I finished in 2 hours and 38 minutes. So I walked 2-3 miles and ran the rest and still finshed only 10 minutes later than last years and I trained for that one. Plus nothing on me hurt. I was sore, don't get me wrong. But I didn't need to go to the drs. And even more amazing to me is I did not have one problem with my breathing. I never had to stop or slow down because I couldn't breathe. I didn't need my inhaler at all. Moral of the story: Using P90X was the best training I could have ever used for a half marathon. That just proved to me how awesome it is!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment